Not too long ago, we gave some tips for implementing media into your church service. Maybe you’re excited about it, your church is ready, and you have the equipment. What’s keeping you? Today, we wanted to give some quick tips on how you can add media to your worship services.
1. Download something, right now. First, if you are not a member of Sharefaith, please sign up. Then, download something–something simple that you can use this Sunday. Our new abstract worship loops are a great option.
2. Think simple. Thinking about “adding church media” may sound like it’s as expensive and complicated as a new building project. It’s not. In fact, it’s really, really simple. You’ve downloaded something, now put it into a PowerPoint or Keynote and you’re ready to go. Again, this doesn’t need to be something complex. Just a worship loop before the services is enough.
3. Try songs first. One of the best ways to start using church media is by putting songs up on the screen. Talk about easy. Type it out. Plug in the projector. You’re on. Chances are, the singing will improve and you’ll get some compliments after the service (as long as there are no misspellings).
4. Call someone. Now. So media isn’t your thing. That’s ok. If you’re someone to whom the word “PowerPoint” sounds like the tip of a very sharp knife, then you need to call someone who knows about media. Ask them for their help to get started this Sunday with some fresh media. Get them signed in under your account, and they will know how to download some great-looking media.
5. Welcome your people, media style. For a great way to jump start media, use a simple, ready-made welcome screen. Welcome screens are brief video loops that display a short message such as “Welcome. We’re Glad You’re Here” or something like that. Check out these welcome video loops, and find out one that you can download for this Sunday.
And, remember, if you have any questions, Sharefaith is here to help. As the foremost provider of church media, Sharefaith is not only providing an incredible media resource; we’re also showing you how to use it. Get started by signing up, and find out more.