Valentine’s Day is coming. If you’re an event-oriented kind of person, with tons of ideas up your sleeve for Valentine’s Day, this post is not for you. If you need a bit of pump priming to get some ideas churned up for Valentine’s Day, this is for you. With just a couple weeks until the big day, you’re going to need to do something. Thankfully, some of these ideas take virtually no prep time. See if you like these Valentine ideas for church!
Valentine Ideas for Church
- Preach about love. Maybe it’s not the most original idea you’ve ever heard, but it’s a good one. Valentine’s Day is all about love. Since it’s on the mind, you might as well capitalize on the occasion. You have a lot of preaching material to choose from, though. The whole Bible is a book about love. Check out these PowerPoint sermon templates for love-theme sermons.
- Use Valentine’s bulletins to set the theme for the day. A bulletin is an excellent way to help shape the mood for a worship event or church Valentine’s Day service. Ensure that your bulletin material is outfitted with Valentine’s Day deco. Make sure that your media stays unified by matching your Valentine Powerpoint with your Valentine bulleting. Sharefaith’s premade sets make it easy to do this. In your Valentine bulletin, you may want to include a Scripture verse on love (e.g., Matthew 22:37; John 15:13; 1 Corinthians 13; 1 John 3:18; 4:18)
- To add a bit of Valentine’s Day mood, scatter flower petals in strategic locations. If doing some decoration, say for a Valentine’s banquet, add some instant atmosphere by tossing some flower petals around. Real flower petals will automatically help to improve the scent, too. (The downside is, they can easily get ground into the carpet.) Or, for a few bucks you can by several bags at a craft store and reuse them next year.
- Provide crafts for the kids. Help the kids celebrate Valentine’s Day by helping them make a Valentine’s Day craft. It’s not hard, nor expensive to find a great Valentine’s Day craft. All it takes is some willing helpers, a bit of supplies, and a creative ideas. How hard is it to cut out heart-shapes from construction paper? A craft that they can give as a gift to their parents will make the event even more special.
- Share the history of Valentine’s Day. The story behind Valentine’s Day is a fascinating account of deep love, steadfast faith, and God-given courage. Like the message communicated in the Valentine’s Day Video, this is a day that has enormous significance for Christians. Tell your people about it. (Read an article on the history of Valentine’s Day.)
- Use love-themed music. There are a lot of worship songs on the theme of love. A Valentine’s Day church event wouldn’t be complete without singing some of them. Focusing on God’s love is an ideal way to commemorate Valentine’s Day.
- Give a gift of flowers to all the ladies. Flowers are popular with ladies at any time of year, but Valentine’s Day adds another motivation for celebrating with flowers. Honor the women in your congregation by giving them a rose, a small potted plant, or a bouquet.
- Show a Christian movie about love. The theme of love is prominent in a few quality Christian movies (like Fireproof). Host a Valentine’s Day event and show a wholesome movie.
- Chocolates for one and all! There’s an easy way to add some sweetness to your Valentine’s Day event. Hand out chocolates at the door. Score big points. You may want to do this at the end of the Valentine’s service, unless you want to create a major chocolate breath event.
- Use Sharefaith media. Today, media is a must-have for any Valentine’s Day event. Use Sharefaith media to enhance, promote, embellish, improve, and altogether change your event for the better.
View our Valentine’s Day PowerPoint collection.
View our Valentine’s Day bulletin collection.
View our Valentine’s Day video collection.
Whatever creative Valentine ideas for church you come up with, Sharefaith can help you out. With the largest collection of Christian media on the web, we’ve got a ton of stuff ready to go for a Christian Valentines Day event. If you’re not a member of Sharefaith, Valentine’s is the perfect time to join.