If you work or volunteer at a church, you know that Easter becomes a sort of buzzword around this time of year (especially when it comes to church website Easter plans). It seems like every meeting, conversation, and proposal centers around Easter and all of the preparation that it requires.
In fact, just like this poor dog, sometimes it feels like you just can’t escape it!
Although we don’t recommend running around in a cage attempting to escape (again, see above haha), we do recommend tackling it head on, and the perfect place to start is with your church website Easter plans!
We’ve said it a million times, but your church website is the digital front door to your church especially at Easter. It’s important that visitors and members alike can find all of the Easter information on your church website that their heart desires.
Take a look at some of our favorite church website tips for Easter:
- Add all information about your Easter services to your homepage and keep it front and center!
- Design is crucial. Use fun, Easter colors and be consistent all across your site.
- Don’t forget to use Easter graphics that are out there if design isn’t your forte.
- Add photos and/or videos of your church and past Easter services so guests will know what to expect.
- Post a video of your pastor or staff inviting people to attend your Easter Sunday service.
- Create a webpage dedicated just for Easter and add detailed information about all services and events.
- Add a section that talks about what Easter means. Think about this through the lens of a new believer or someone who wasn’t raised in the church.
- Add a link to past Easter sermons.
- Update your livestream page so people can tune in from home if they can’t be there in person.
- Promote. Promote. Promote. Add social sharing links to all of your church website Easter pages and sections so members can share the information on their social media accounts.
- Be sure that your contact information is up-to-date. Nobody wants to accidentally call the neighborhood pizza place when they are trying to ask what time your Easter services are!
- Check out other Easter church website examples in your area to see what nearby churches doing online.
- Add a “what to expect” section on your church website Easter page. Include information about parking, where to enter, what you will have for kids and students, what to wear, and times that things are happening.
- Add (or update) staff bios on your staff page. Guests may be taking a look as they try to find a church to attend on Easter.
- Include a volunteer form on your Easter page. Because of the high attendance, you’ll want to have extra volunteers in place to greet people and help visitors find their way.
- Capture visitor information on your church website.
- Update (or create) a “New Here” page designed just with visitors in mind. Be sure to include your Easter information front and center here too.
- Double check that your church website host isn’t about to expire. Losing your URL or having your church website go down just before Easter is not what you want to have to deal with!
- Add a countdown timer to your church website that creates even more excited anticipation for your worship service.
- Link to a Spotify playlist that has all of the songs you will be singing on Easter Sunday. That way, people can learn the words ahead of time and focus even more on worship while they are there.
Even though you may be getting tired of talking about and planning for your church website Easter updates, try to remember that it is an opportunity to spread the Gospel and further the mission of your church. Our hope is that this list of quick tips has given you some good ideas on how you can not only talk about Easter, but take action on your church website Easter plans so that this important holiday really shines!
If you’re looking to make church website Easter updates on a platform that is easy and beautiful, be sure to check out Sharefaith church websites. With Sharefaith, you’ll have an engaging and professional website that truly reflects your ministry and vision. Every Sharefaith website is completely optimized and responsive for mobile devices, and with numerous themes to choose from, you’re sure to find one that fits your church. Plus, we love the church and we’d love to partner with you in ministry!