As the days get colder, Christmas coloring pages are a wildly popular activity for Sunday School teachers. And for good reason! Christmas coloring pages provide indoor fun when the weather takes a turn for the worse. More than that, the coloring pages we provide reminds children that Christmas is about Jesus and helps them to look forward to the everything the season offers, not to mention that coloring fosters child development in a variety of areas.
If you’ve searched for the perfect Christmas coloring pages, then Sharefaith Kids has two exciting updates:
- We’ve assembled a downloadable bundle of FREE Christmas coloring pages.
- This year we are holding a coloring contest where one lucky Sunday School will be able to win a FREE year of Sharefaith Kids!
To get your free coloring pages, enter the contest, and learn more about why coloring is so beneficial to our children read on.
Christmas Coloring Pages For Sunday School
Free Christmas Coloring Pages
During this time of year, it’s essential to teach our children the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus, the son of God who was born to save the world from sin. When kids think about Christmas we want them to think Jesus, and that is why we are giving away a FREE downloadable bundle of Christmas coloring pages. This bundle includes coloring pages from 2 popular Sharefaith Kids Christmas Sunday School Lessons: The Birth of Jesus and The Magi Christmas Story. We hope these Christmas coloring page printables point children to Jesus and are a huge blessing to your classroom!
Christmas Coloring Contest: Win A Free Year Of Sharefaith Kids
For Christmas 2017 we are holding a Christmas coloring contest where one lucky Sunday School will win a FREE year of Sharefaith Kids. This $348 value gives you unlimited access to over 100 Sunday School lesson and VBS! Interested? Check out the rules below:
Sharefaith Kids Christmas Coloring Contest Rules
- All submission must be of coloring pages included in the free Christmas coloring page bundle available for download via the green button at the bottom of the contest rules.
- Submission must be colored by children between the ages of 3 and 11.
- A photo or scan of the child’s coloring page must be posted to the Sharefaith Kids Facebook page by the child’s Sunday School teacher. Submissions must include the child’s first name, age and church name.
- Submissions must be posted prior to December 26, 2017.
- One completed coloring page will be selected at random to win the contest. The Sunday School teacher who submitted this entry will be contacted via Facebook to receive their free year of Sharefaith Kids.
Top 10 Benefits of Coloring Pages For Kids
You’re likely here because you’ve seen the value of Christmas coloring pages in your classroom. But, did you know just how valuable coloring is to the development of our children? Check out this list of the top 10 benefits of Coloring pages for kids.
- Motor Skills – Learning to control fine motor movements is a requirement of coloring. Developing this ability lays a strong foundation for learning to write, dress, eat and other school-related activities.
- Creativity – Coloring gives your kids a chance to explore their creative side. This can stimulate brainstorming, outside-the-box thinking and creative problem solving. All of these are traits that will serve them well later in life.
- Handwriting – For many kids, a crayon is the first object they learn to grip in a controlled manner. Through coloring, children develop dexterity, hand strength and attention to detail – all required to write printed letters and cursive script.
- Learning – Coloring teaches children color awareness, recognition, and discernment. As a child grows they must learn the names of colors, primary colors and begin to discern the subtle differences between more nuanced colors.
- Confidence – The ability to successfully complete a task builds confidence in our children. Through coloring pages we can provide our children the opportunity to experience a sense of accomplishment.
- Focus – This may be one of the greatest benefits that coloring imparts to children. Studies show that children who spend their time coloring have better concentration and focusing skills.
- Language – Hand a coloring page to a child and you have an instant conversation starter. Children will often use creative and expressive words as they discuss the way an illustration makes them feel.
- Relaxation – Coloring is calming and therapeutic for children. It provides a healthy outlet for stress and gives kids a great resource for processing their feelings, frustrations and emotions.
- Expression – Every person expresses themselves in unique ways. Coloring provides children with fertile ground to cultivate self-expression. Choosing how and where to use color is a personal and powerful decision.
- Patience – Coloring can help your children learn the important skill of patience. Through coloring pages children learn the more they put in the more they get out. This valuable lesson lays a strong foundation for adulthood.
Sunday School Coloring Pages
If you are looking for more Sunday School coloring pages check out Sharefaith Kid’s coloring page library. Once there, in addition to Christmas coloring pages, you’ll find printable coloring pages for all your favorite kid Bible stories.