Here’s our first in an overview series of VBS programs. Our goal is to help you determine what program will be best for your ministry. The most popular VBS program choice among Sharefaith users is Saddle Ridge Ranch. Here is what it’s all about.
Motto: Need Answers? Ask God!
- Cowboy, Ranch, Roundup
- Title: “Round up Ranch: Roundin’ up questions. Drivin’ home answers.”
- Key Verse: “Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)
- The program contains instructions for a worship rally with theme-related music by Jeff Slaughter.
- Offers a large selection of decorations and clipart.
- The curriculum runs for five days, and is designed for a three-hour time period.
- Uses a “rotation schedule” in which each VBS day contains all of the following activities: 1) Worship Rally Valley, 2) Rec at Mustang Mountain, 3) Crafts at Blazing Start Stables, 4) Bible Study Bunkhouse, 5) Missions at Firefly Cavern, 6) Big Sky Grill (snack time), 7) Music at Campfire Creek.
- The curriculum answers basic questions, with the focus of each day answering one of the following: Who am I? Does God care about me? What is God’s plan for me? How can I be like Jesus? What do I do now? Each day contains a relevant Bible story, memory verse, and a focused application.
- The focus of Saddle Ridge Ranch is upon evangelism, especially for kids who know little to nothing about the Christian life.
- The program uses a theme that is readily identifiable, easy to find ‘duds’ for, and just plain fun.
- The curriculum’s website contains free clipart, promotional materials, supplies list, logos, theme songs, and PowerPoint displays
- This VBS program offers an online platform for helping you to administrate your VBS program. This online system provides registration tools, online volunteering, VBS area locator, staff assignments, class rolls, schedules, email reminders, decision follow-up, mailing labels, etc. (The cost for a subscription to the online service is $29.99.)
- The materials are narrowly age-graded, meaning that if you have a smaller group with varying ages, it may be hard to select the best age option and adapt it to a larger group of children.
- This VBS program is packed with a lot of features, options, and customizations. Because of the complexity and breadth of the program, it can be an administrative challenge for someone who is unfamiliar with leading VBS.
- “Super Sampler” kit costs $199.99. The purpose of the super sampler is to provide a VBS leader to begin planning for his or her church’s VBS program. This does not provide all the materials that the church will need, but is a comprehensive source for preparations. It includes items like a leadership guides, sample curriculum, witnessing helps, music, decorations, promotional items, and craft packs. A scaled-down version of the sampler is available for $69.99.
- After purchasing the sampler and determining what further resources are necessary, the church makes additional purchases based on individual needs. Prices vary based on product and quantities.
- Click here to order.
For more VBS curriculum packages please visit: Christian Ed Warehouse