The Kingdom of the Son has as its setting the animal kingdom of Africa. With the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro, kid get to explore the wild Serengti, and learn the invaluable truths of praying to an amazing God. Kingdom of the Son is a VBS program that was widely used in 2009, and is enjoying popular use again this year.
Publisher: Gospel Light Publications
Theme: Safari, Serengeti, African Adventure
This VBS theme takes kids into the heart of the Serengeti, the vast game reserve in Eastern Africa. Kids will learn about the giant exotic animals of the grasslands, make safari crafts with their own hands, and gain some insight into the rich culture of Tanzania and Kenya. They might even pick up a few Swahili words along the way.
- Theme: God Listens
- Bible Story: Our Father in Heaven: Jesus Teaches about Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13; Mark 1:35; Luke 11:1-10; 18:9-14)
- Lesson Focus: God is our loving and powerful Father who listens to our prayers.
- Bible Memory Verse: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:9-10)
- Theme: God Provides
- Bible Story: Our Daily Bread: Jesus Feeds 5,000 people (John 6:1-15)
- Lesson Focus: God meets all our needs and uses us to meet others’ needs.
- Bible Memory Verse: “Give us this day our daily bread.” (Matthew 6:11)
- Theme: God Forgives
- Bible Story: Forgive Us Our Debts: Jesus Tells about an Unforgiving Servant
- Lesson Focus: God forgives and helps us to forgive others.
- Bible Memory Verse: “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” (Matthew 6: 12)
- Theme: God protects
- Bible Story: Lead Us Not into Temptation: Jesus Is Tempted (Matthew 4:1-11)
- Lesson Focus: God helps us say no to temptation.
- Bible Memory Verse: “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” (Matthew 6:13)
- Theme: God Rules!
- Bible Story: The Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory: Jesus Overcomes Death (Matthew 26:36-28)
- Lesson Focus: We can praise God for raising Jesus from the dead and for giving us a place in His kingdom.
- Bible Memory Verse: “For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:13)
- The program uses the KJV exclusively for Bible memory and lessons.
- There are plenty of additional resources that you can order for the Kingdom of the Son theme. Crafts, charts, stickers, picture frames, coloring books, certificates, decals, and plenty of other safari supplies are available for purchase.
- The Kingdom of the Son was a very popular theme last year as well. There are old forums that 2010 users can read to find out how past VBS programs were administrated.
- Prayer is an important component of the program, and is consistently repeated every day of the week.
- The safari theme is comprehensively carried throughout the whole program, including the sound of the accompanying songs, the suggested snacks, and the crafts.
- In some of its media and publications, the program lacks the professionalism that some of the other programs exemplify.
- The program website does not have an array of online features and helps. This could be a limiting factor for those who are looking for additional support from the VBS publishers and producers.
- The Super Starter Kit costs $199.99. In some places, you may be able to find it for $159.99.
- Click here to order.
For more VBS curriculum packages please visit: Christian Ed Warehouse