Want to take your VBS program to the seas? With the High Seas Expedition VBS program from Group, you can do just that. Don your tri-corner hat and pea coat, and get ready to weigh anchor!
Title: High Seas Expedition
Publisher: Group Publishing
Theme: High Seas, Ocean, Sailing
The program takes place on a historic sailing vessel, equipped for a lot of fun and some great learning. The host of the week is Chadder the Chipmunk.
Each day has a prearranged set of skits, lessons, games, crafts, and snacks. Here’s a snapshot of what to expect on each day of the program.
- Bible Point: God’s word is true.
- Bible Story: God frees Peter from prison. (Acts 12:1-19)
- Bible Verse: “But you are near O Lord, and all your commands are true.” (Psalm 119:151)
- Sail Away Cinema: Are Chadder and the crew lost at sea?
- Goodies from the Galley: Peter’s Jail Mix
- Clipper Ship Crafts: Ship Clip Bible Buddy Keeper
- Bible Point: God’s Word is comforting.
- Bible Story: God comforts Paul in a storm at sea (Acts 27).
- Bible Verse: “Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.” (Psalm 119:50)
- Sale Away Cinema: What did they hit in the middle of the ocean?
- Goodies from the Galley: Chipwrecks (chips and salsa)
- Clipper Ship Crafts: Comfort Pillow or Wee Seas Sailboat
- Bible Point: God’s Word is surprising
- Bible Story: Paul survives a bite by a poisonous snake (Acts 28:1-10).
- Bible Verse: “Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.” (Psalm 119:18)
- Sale Away Cinema: Will Captain Bleagh figure out the map to Anderon?
- Goodies from the Galley: Surf ‘n Snakes (gummy worms in blue jello and whipped cream)
- Clipper Ship Crafts: Bopper Popper or Sneaky Snake Surprise
- Bible Point: God’s Word is life-changing
- Bible Story: Peter and John teach about Jesus (Acts 3:1-4:12)Bible Verse: “Give me life through your word.” (Psalm 119:37)
- Sale Away Cinema: Can the crew steer without a ship’s wheel?
- Goodies from the Galley: Forgiveness Clouds
- Clipper Ship Crafts: Balancing Bird or Toss-N-Turn Toy
- Bible Point: God’s word is for everyone.
- Bible Story: The community of believers share (Acts 2:42-47)
- Bible Verse: Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created.” (Psalm 119:90)
- Sale Away Cinema: What will Chadder tell the people of Anderon?
- Goodies from the Galley: Share Kabobs
- Clipper Ship Crafts: “God Loves Me” blanket kit
The High Seas Expedition is formed around “stations” and “crews.” A “crew” is a group of five elementary-age children. Each crew is led by an adult or teen Crew Leader. “Stations” are locations that provide the program for the VBS program. Crews move successively through these stations:
- Start: sing and play splash
- Bible Voyage (rotation, 20-25 minutes)
- Ship Rec Games (rotation, 20-25 minutes)
- Clipper Ship Crafts & Missions (rotation, 20-25 minutes)
- Goodies from the Galley (rotation, 20-25 minutes)
- Sail Away Cinema (rotation, 20-25 minutes)
- End: The Floating Finale
For an additional cost, you can take your VBS planning, registration, and launch all online using Group’s online planning tool.
- The lesson portrays basic and relevant truths that are necessary for daily life, and easy to understand for any age group. They each focus on God’s Word, an essential truth for teaching young kids.
- There is a basic cohesiveness to the program as a whole, since all the verses come from Psalm 119 all the stories come from the book of Acts, and the entire theme is built around God’s Word.
- The program is well structured and provides comprehensive design that is easy to follow, even for someone who has never led a VBS program or participated in one.
- One unique component of High Seas is that they recommend multi-age crews. Children learn to get alongside other young people from different age groups, and it provides great situations for developing learning and interaction skills.
- High Seas Expedition is best used using all of Group’s features, crafts, and Bible memorization tools. These can get costly.
- A salvation emphasis, for any unsaved children or unchurched kids is lacking in the program as a whole, though it can be easily inculcated by individual churches.
- High Seas has a single option for its starter kit. The cost is 149.99.
- Click here to order.
For more VBS curriculum packages please visit: Christian Ed Warehouse