Last Updated: November 2016
The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, is without a doubt, the greatest gift God has ever given to His creation. So naturally, many people will want to send out a few Christmas greeting cards to their friends and loved ones in celebration of our Messiah. Here are our top 20 Bible verses that we feel are the best to put in your Christmas holiday card.
20 Great Bible Verses for Christmas Cards
1. Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
2. Matthew 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.
3. Matthew 2:2 Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him
4. Luke 2:12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.
Make your Christmas sermon preparations easy and beautiful! Sharefaith has over 78,000 graphics, videos and templates for download! Starting at $17/m billed annually. Start your free trial now
Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace
5. Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
6. Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
7. Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
8. Philippians 2:8-10 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth
He Shall Be Called Jesus
9. Isaiah 11:1 There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.
10. Matthew 1:21 She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.
11. Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
12. Luke 1:30-31 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.
13. Luke 2:15-16 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.
The Good News, the True Light
14. Luke 2:10-11 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
15. Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
16. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
18. Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
19. John 1:29 “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”
20. John 1:9-10 “The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him…”
Bonus Bible Verses!
21. John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
22. Titus 3:4-7 “But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”
23. James 1:17 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
24. 1 John 5:11 “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”
25. 2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
All your church media resources in one membership. Start your Sharefaith membership today!