When you wake up each day, what’s the first thing to enter your mind? “Coffee! Now!” Or, “AGH. I’m late again!” Or, “Not another day of school, my boss, my daily grind, etc.” Whatever your situation, there is truth that can provide stability to a life of change, strength to a life of weakness, and peace to a life of chaos. Here are five simple truths you should think about today.
Five Simple Truths You Should Think about Today
- God is in control (Daniel 4:35). Have you ever thought about the fact that everything is under God’s control? It’s amazing. No, really, everything. Take a minute to let that sink in, thinking upon the details of your day. Such a truth calls for a response. Rest in Him.
- God loves you (1 John 4:9-11). Don’t let the cliché nature of that truth pass you by. God is love, and His love extends to every lowly, sin-stained human being on this planet. Because God is love, He sent Jesus, His only Son, to die as a substitute for you (John 3:16). Rejoice in Him.
- God is holy (Isaiah 6:3). God’s holiness means that God is totally different, entirely set apart, absolutely perfect. His holiness calls for two responses from us. First, we should stand in awe of His absolute holy perfection. Secondly, we should align our own lives with His holiness (1 Peter 1:16). Both truths are expressed in this biblical command: fear Him.
- God is gracious (Ephesians 2:5; Psalm 145:8). God’s grace is amazing. Grace this big cannot be abused. Grace this vast cannot be exhausted. Grace this expansive cannot be outrun. Grace this powerful cannot be resisted. Grace this great shocks our sin-sick souls with explosive power and mind-blowing joy. Allow this grace to sink deep, to saturate your soul. Depend upon Him.
- God hears you (Psalm 145:18-19). When you consider a God so infinite, powerful, holy, and good, it’s hard to believe that he would actually take interest in you (Psalm 8:4). But He does. In fact, He hears what you say (1 John 5:14). For that reason, take time today to thank Him.
These truths are simple, but they are not shallow. These truths are nothing less than straight-up theology, plain and simple. These truths are incredibly vast, infinite, and incomprehensible.
Admittedly, it’s a lot to think about first thing in the morning, especially when your caffeine-craving brain is calling for coffee, or your children are crying for your attention, or your clock is telling you that you’re going to make your employer unhappy. But as you go throughout the day, you can consider these truths—truths that can change your life. You can enjoy God today.