How to Add Sermon Podcasting to Your Church Website
I am sure I don’t have to prove to you the importance of publishing your sermon audio on your church website. From spreading the truth of God’s Word around the world to allowing your members to hear your messages on a weekly basis, uploading sermon audio is something every church should consider doing.
Add Your Sermons
In the left hand column of your Sharefaith website Dashboard is a new control panel group called “Sermons”. This group allows you to view/edit current sermons, upload sermon MP3 files, and manage sermon tags (which can be used to help categorized messages)
Note: Only MP3 files will upload. If your audio is in another format, please read this tutorial on converting your file to an MP3.
- Log into your website dashboard
- Under Sermons, click Add Sermon.
- Enter the Sermon Title in the field provided.
- Click “Select audio file”
- Click “Select Files”
- Locate and select the MP3 file and click “Open” (wait for the site to finish uploading the file)
- Update the “Title” (if applicable)
- Click “File URL”
- Click “Insert Into Post”
- Check “Allow sermon audio downloads” if you would like to allow listeners to download this MP3 file to their computer. (Even if this is not checked, visitors can listen to the message on their computer.)
- Choose the Sermon Date
- Select the Preacher. To add a new preacher, select “Create New Preacher” from the drop down menu and follow the prompts.
(Note: To delete a Preacher, delete any Sermon with that preachers name associated with the post.)
- Select the Series. To add a new series, select “Create New Series” from the drop down menu.
- “Notes” is optional. Any sermon notes will display beneath the audio player on the sermon page.
- “Excerpt” is optional. If left blank a short excerpt from the Notes option will automatically display on the Sermon archive page. If an Excerpt is added, then your site will use it instead of the automatically generated excerpt.
Adding the Sermons to Your Website
All navigation on your Sharefaith website is structured through Pages; so for a sermon list to be visible it must be inserted through a Page. To add this page:
- Create a page where you want your sermons to appear.
- Type the word
[sfsermons](include square brackets) where the sermon list should appear.
- Once the page is published, your sermon page will look something like the following: