It’s finally happening. Your church is planning a huge rally. You’ve scheduled the best speaker for the event. Your church musicians have been practicing for weeks. You’re wanting this to be a life-changing event for a whole lot of people. So now you need a way to promote your event. How are you going to pull it off?
Obviously, there’s a whole bunch of different things that you can do to announce a big event. However, one of the most tried-and-true methods is using church flyers. Let’s talk about some of the advantages of using church flyers to announce events.
- Church flyers don’t cost much. When compared with the cost of most other methods of promotion, church flyers are one of the cheapest. With just some basic in-house equipment (computer and printer), you can save a ton of money on promotion by creating and printing your own church flyers.
- Church flyers can communicate a lot of information. You can pack a bunch of information on one sheet of paper, and plus people can stand there and look at it for as long as they want.
- Church flyers can’t be unplugged or turned off. Emails disappear. Texts get buried. Even the little red notification in your Facebook feed will turn off after you click it. Church flyers aren’t that way. They’re going to stay there, proclaiming their message until you take them down.
- Church flyers can go in a lot of different places. Church flyers can be posted on community bulletin boards, some business establishments, stores, school bulletin boards, and virtually everywhere on the church campus. Obviously, you should gain permission before posting a church flyer anywhere, but the truth remains–church flyers can go far.
- Church flyers can be attention-grabbing. The better designed the church flyer, the more effectively it will promote an event. Well-designed flyers sell things.
- Church flyers can be memorable. I’ll never forget some of the church flyers that I’ve seen—good ones. Usually, it was just a touch of genius or graphic design panache. Sometimes it was a really catchy slogan on the church flyer. Church flyers, done right, will be memorable. And that’s exactly what you want when you’re promoting an event.
Each of these points is true, but it’s not as if a church flyer is going to work just because it’s a flyer. That church flyer needs to have a few key features in place
- The church flyer must be attractive. This is really, really important. Poorly designed church flyers are harmful for the promotion of an event. People see a shoddy flyer, and they think, “Ooh, shoddy flyer. Shoddy event. I’m not gonna waste my time.” You’ve got to make sure that your church flyer just plain looks good. Like it or not, this generation is totally tuned in to the visual side of things. It’s a channel of communication all its own. The best way to communicate through this channel is through professional, high-quality, good design. Here are some samples of really well-designed church flyers. 1) Cross Flyer Art, 2) Facebook Church Flyer, 3) Relax Church Flyer.
- The church flyer must be comprehensive. By “comprehensive,” we mean that the church flyer should contain all the relevant information regarding an event. If your church flyer is intended to promote a concert, than it needs to have some numbers—a date, the time, and the cost of tickets or admission (if applicable). If you’re requesting nursery volunteers with your church flyer, then people should know who to contact or how to sign up. Church flyers need to provide all the relevant information.
- The church flyer must be display good layout. Layout is an important principle of design. Church flyers have a logical flow to the way that they’re read. We’ll discuss this more in another post, but for now, just keep in mind the word simplicity. The simpler a design, the better. Clutter = bad. Simple = good.
- The church flyer must be distributed effectively. Finally, that church flyer is going places. Where? You need to decide, and you need to make this decision strategically. Plastering the town with church flyers is an okay idea, as long as you’re plastering in the right places. Be aware that over-promoting, even with a cool-looking church flyer, can be odious. Be careful. Be strategic.
Church flyers can be effective, but you need to have the right church flyers. That’s where Sharefaith comes in. With thousands of church flyers, and hundreds more being published on a continual basis, Sharefaith knows flyers. We invite you to browse our vast selection. You’ll find that these flyers—totally customizable in MS Word, Publisher, Pages, or your word processing program of choice—will be the best church flyers that you’ve ever used to promote an event. Try us. You won’t be disappointed.