How to Add Images or Photos to your Church Website
Adding images or photos to your church website is a must. There is nothing worse than a dull, text-only church website. In this tutorial we will teach you how to quickly and easily insert your own pictures.
Important note: When you work with images or photos on the web, they should always be at 72dpi resolution, then resized and cropped to fit exactly in the space where you need them. Don’t simply use your digital photographs or scanned images as-is. They are usually enormous in size, so simply shrinking them on the website will decrease your page load speed and site performance. No matter what photo or image editor you use, make sure you always crop, resize and save your final image at 72dpi JPG, GIF or PNG format.
How to upload a small image and right/left align to your text:
How to scale an image to the exact size you want:
How to import a large image and resize it using a predefined option:
Image Editors: For you to prepare graphics or photos for your website, you will need an image editor. They range from the pricey Adobe Photoshop to more affordable Photoshop Elements, Xara Extreme Pro and other free versions of photo editing software that will work on either Mac or PC. Pick your favorite.
Inserting and uploading a new image
- Login to your Church Website Control Panel and locate and open the page where you want to insert your image or photos.
- On the page, position your cursor at the exact point where you would like the photo or image to appear.
- Select the Upload/Insert image button at the top of the edit box.
- Click “Select Files.” Locate and choose the image from your computer’s drive.
- Fill in the image settings below.
- You may give your picture a title and other descriptions, but they will not be visible on the site.
- Link URL: Click “None.”
- Alignment: “None” and “Center” will align your picture so it will not have text on either side of it. “Left” and “Right” will align the image to the corresponding side of the page and will place text along side of the image.
- Size: Choose “Full Size”. You should always re-size and crop photos and images in your photo editor before uploading them to your website.
- Click “Insert into Post.”
- An Image can be moved around by dragging it. Images can be deleted by selecting the image and hitting “Backspace” on your keyboard (or “Delete” on a Mac).
Inserting an existing image
Once an image has been uploaded once, you do not need to keep uploading it every time you need it. When inserting an existing image to your site, the only major change from above is in Step 4.
- Instead of using the “From Computer” tab, Select the “Gallery” tab.
- Click “Show” on the desired image.
- Complete the instructions above, starting with step 5.