Adding video content to your church website is really easy. For this tutorial we will use YouTube as our example, to show you how it’s done. If you do not already have a YouTube account for hosting your church sermon videos, read this excellent tutorial on how to create one.
Important Note: Unless you know how to convert video for web usage, do not attempt to upload your own video to your church website. Video sizes are enormous, and web-formatted video is specifically configured to play on the web. If you want to host your videos on your website, first create a Youtube account, upload your videos there, and then use the Youtube version on your church website.
- We recommend you have a dedicated Media Page (included by default in your Sharefaith church website) for all your audio or video sermons.
- Find the Youtube/Vimeo video you want to feature on your web and copy the URL from the address box of your browser.
- Log in into your church website and find the page where you would like the video to display.
- On the page, find the exact spot where you want the video to show.
- Paste the URL of the video.
- Click the blue UPDATE button on the far right.
- Click on PREVIEW CHANGES on the top far right of your screen, and preview your page.